Love Picnic Paris: Risotto with broad beans and Peas & Endive salad with greek feta & cucumber.
- Bring chicken stock to boil in a saucepan, keep on a low heat while you are making the risotto.
- In saute pan, melt butter and add garlic and onions, allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir continuously over a low heat until the grains start to soften.
- Over a medium heat begin to add the hot stock a cup at a time, allow rice to absorb all stock before adding next cup of liquid.
- Continue to add the stock gradually , stirring all the time for about 15-20 minutes (I prefers to cook her risotto for 40 minutes, but up to you).
- Rice is ready when is soft, but still has chalky “bite” to it in the middle.
- Tip peas & broad beans in and stir in and heat through, about 3 minutes. by this time the peas & broad beans should be ready and the risotto bubbling again.
- Finally stir in parmesan and serve immediately with thinly sliced parmesan on top.
- For vegetarian do not use the chicken stock.
Simple endives & cucumber salad to accommodate our risotto with a french vinaigrette & red orange juice.