Romantic, Delicious Gourmet Picnics & Creative Portrait Photography
in Beautiful Paris.
Whether this is the perfect occasion spent between lovers or a fun afternoon shared amongst friends and family, we offer you the chance to have your precious Picnic moments captured in a fun & creative manner by our internationally minded award winning photographer. While we can’t make your Picnic last forever, with professional photographer Olivier Lalin’s help, the photos of your Picnic in Paris are something you can take home and cherish for a lifetime. If you are planning a trip to Paris with your family or a romantic stay with your loved one, we would be delighted to prepare and set up one of our lovely Paris picnic coupled with a romantic secret proposal or an engagement photo session or simply some creative family portraits for you in the most amazing city on earth.
SUMMER NEWS : This summer you will cuddle away enjoying a real delightful Parisian moment with your other half in the city of light. You are visiting Paris with your love ones and are looking for something unique & wish to surprise your partner to a romantic Parisian adventure. Reach out to Love Picnic Paris. We can assist you with the planning of a beautiful afternoon with our gourmet picnic at the Eiffel tower, the Louvre gardens, the Luxembourg gardens as well as the gardens of Versailles. There are a lot of information you can read through on the blog with some great visuals from our photographer. If you do not find the right answer, do not hesitate to get back to us with specific questions. Rush to our picnic page, choose and order your preferred gourmet picnic quickly. We cater for one picnic at a time both for lunch and diner. We are unfortunately having to turn down new customer whose date is already taken by a lucky one. For the passionates, please order quickly and reserve your date. Once we receive your order, we will get back to you promptly to fine tune all the details. Your event can be paid in full once all of the planning has been taken care of. Remember, any of our picnics can be coupled with creative photography in Paris. If you are planning to propose under the Eiffel tower, you are at the right place.
Note that we are setting up picnics at the gardens of Versailles this year if it is coupled with photography. You would have to add € 60 to your order for the transportation and the park entrance. The gardens of Versailles is the perfect surrounding for a romantic proposal.
Love Picnic Paris: Chocolate & Pear cake with fresh cream.
Pears and chocolate cake work really well together in this easy-to-prepare, everyday traditional cake. Especially if you have a couple of very ripe pears that you don’t know what to do with. Instead, I just placed chopped pears on top of the cake batter, expecting the cake batter to rise evenly around the pears. easy-to-make, it’s delicious, the chocolate cake texture is just right, and this dessert has fruit in it which is what I love
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and chopped into large chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt – mix to combine.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a small bowl, using a microwave, or on a stove top in a small pan over low heat. Stir well.
- Transfer melted chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl, add granulated sugar, and, using electric mixer, beat on medium-high speed for a couple of minutes until the mixture is light in color. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating to combine. Add flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two in two additions, into the chocolate mixture.
- Grease a 9×9 inch square pan or 9 inch round springform pan. If using a springform pan, line the bottom of the springform pan with a round piece of parchment paper.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking pan and place chopped pears on top of the cake batter. Alternatively, you can fold in chopped pears into the cake batter before adding the cake batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out reasonably clean and the cake bounces when touched.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15-30 minutes. If using springform pan, release the cake when completely cooled.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving: it will make this tasty cake look really pretty!
From our Paris market picnic ” Emilie Poulin”
Fresh lamb lettuce, tomates de provence, red radishes, beetroot, market egg with a honey French dressing. This freshly made salad with seasonal products accommodates “Emilie Poulain” as well as “Edith” picnic.
Rock N’Roll Picnic on the seine with Anastasia and Dorian.
Picnic in Paris can be an “all season” affair after all! Dorian and Anastasia had a photo session with Olivier from WeddingLight and we prepared a picnic basket for our couple on the tip of the “isle de la cité” overlooking the river seine and the pont des arts in the distance. It was quite cold, the light was crisp and a few couples in love were enjoying some romantic time at one of the most picturesque Parisian landmark.
Olivier went on a photo tour with Anastasia and Dorian along the seine from Saint Michel to the Pont Neuf for a couple of hours. They finished the photo session with a lovely picnic, a bottle of burgundy red wine, a salmon quiche, cold meat and cheese … And of course a very testy french baguette to accommodate their picnic!
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
Recipe of our traditional Quiche Lorraine:
Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Use the pastry to line a 23cm (9in) fluted tart tin with removable base. Prick the base with a fork and line with nonstick baking paper and baking beans. Blind bake for 12 minutes. Remove paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes. Turn down the oven to gas 3, 170°C, fan 150°C.
Fry the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil until softened. Add the bacon and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Add the courgette and cook for 5 minutes more.
Beat the eggs in a bowl, mix in the cream and season. Put the courgette mix into the tart case, then pour over the egg mixture. Finish with the cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Turn up the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C and bake for a final 5 minutes.
Quite simple really and so tasty for a picnic in Paris overlooking the Eiffel tower.
There are a thousand and one way to enjoy a beautiful picnic in Paris. Sean and Marie eloped to Paris and decided to have a rest overlooking the seine in between photo time with a classic picnic. They indulged in a three star michelin restaurant but a little snack, mid afternoon was a little delight. They enjoyed our “Emilie Poulain” market picnic with some colt cuts, a quiche, selection of cheeses as well as a bottle of champagne to accommodate their little escapade on the “Isle saint louis”.